14 Apr 2011

PFA youth player award


As we are coming to the Fa-cup semi-finals and the final games of the premiership it's once again time for the PFA player of the year award. There are always some surprises and of course some discussions about players getting nominated and those who gets let out.

 I start off with the youth players. The players here are; Nasri, Bale, Coleman, Hart, Hernandez, Wilshire and Nani. Nasri and Bale are also nominated for both for PFA awards. If you ask me I don’t understand why Nani wasn’t nominated for both awards as well. The stats this season speaks for itself with 9 goals and 16 assists, he has been a major impact to this year’s United side which could end up with another magic treble.
Continuing here for me this year’s PFA young player of the year is Nani without of doubt. Finally the boy has become a man and stept out of the shadow of Ronaldo. For me it looks for me that the transfer of Ronaldo to Madrid made it easier for him to find the place in the side. Seeing United with and without Nani are two different sides if you ask me. And if you look apart from a strong season from fellow defender Vidic he has been United’s most valued player this year.

I will also say that seeing Wilshire against Barcelona also was impressive. I mean for a young midfield player stepping it up and play at the level he did in the champions league against the world class duo Iniesta and Xavi is just amazing. So if you ask me I would say that Wilshire has had the biggest improvement as a player this season. And it shows again that Wenger made a brilliant move letting him go to Bolton on a loan period to get more experience before making the big breakthrough at the gunners this season.

Harte made a brilliant start to the season and I think he has most clean sheets this season which of course is impressive when the league has a lot more experienced goalkeepers. So I agree that he definitely should be on this list, but as a goalkeeper it’s hard to win an award against outfield players, since it’s the goals and assist that often get the attention in the media.

For me Bale has had a decent season. He played some brilliant games like against Inter and Maicon. And like Wilshire he has had a huge improvement to his game this season. But overall I feel that he hasn’t performed good enough to get any award. I think the injuries he had set him back a bit which made him loose form for some time and I believe that he next season will shine brighter and brighter, and soon make him known as a world class player for sure.

Coleman has shown that Everton again is maybe the best club in England in producing young talent alongside Arsenal. He has come into the Everton and the premiership as unafraid talented player that always works hard and pressure the backline off the opposing team. But I don’t feel like he has performed well enough when you look at the other nominees.

Last but not least we have Hernandez. I feel like he made a slow start to the season but have really broken threw at the second part of the season. Of course it’s not easy to make it at United with the likes of Owen, Rooney and Berbatov. So it’s no doubt that the young Mexican has a big talent and will make a big impact in the future for United. But once again I must say that for me he hasn’t performed well enough throughout the season when you look at the other nominees.

So rounding it up I would say for me the biggest favoritt is Nani with Bale and Wilshire as outsiders in getting the PFA youth player award. 

If you have any thoughts or disagree with me, feel free to ad a comment :)

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from USA! Your blog is really cool.
    Are you living in Norway?
    You are welcomed to visit me at:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/usstamps
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

You are welcome to comment using your name and URL, but please use your name or a nickname and not your Blog name.